Sex dating in fairchance pennsylvania Free email sexy chat
He belongs to the Independent Order of Odd Fellows, the Modern Wood- men and keeps abreast with the workings of these two orders. He married, December 10, 1890, Anna \^ail, born in Menallen township. He married Ellen Dixon, also born in Menallen township, who survives him, now living at New Sherwood, Iowa, aged seventy-two years. Children : Edward, Albert and Will- iam A., the latter the only survivor of his family. His home was in Redstone, on Dunlap's creek, where at an early day he erected a grist mill and a saw mill. He was an elder of Dunlap's Creek Presbyterian Church for seven- ty years, and for half a century ruling elder. He grew to manhood at the home farm and received the usual education of a farmer boy of that period. was a dentist of Coshocton, Ohio: died December 31, 1903. After 328 PENNSYLVANIA the war he returned to Fayette county and for seventeen years thereafter he cultivated his father's farm. Sharpnack, born in Fayette county, son of John and Sarah Sharpnack. She is a member of the Presbyterian church and since she became a widow has resided at her home No. It was commenced by the westward bound emigrants and traders, who coming across the Alleghenies and over the state road, striking the river at Connells- ville, found it a cheaper and easier means of transporting their household goods and mer- chandise.He married, March 15, 1884, Mary Jacobs, born near Laurel Hill Church, Fayette county, Pennsylvania, May I, 1856, daughter of John and Jane (Hainey) Jacobs, both natives of Fayette county. The Duliere family of Point DULIERE Marion, Fayette county, Pennsylvania, were origin- ally from Belgium, Europe, where Henry Duliere was born, a son of Leopold Duliere, of Ransart, Belgium, a contractor of mason work, and his wife, Marie Oome (Quinet) Duliere. Anna, deceased, married George Strouble, now a farmer of German town- ship. (II) William A., son of Bernard and Elizabeth (Sweeny") Mc Hugh, was born at Hollidaysburg, Blair county, Pennsylvania, December 7, 1850. He married four wives, and all rest in Dunlaps' Creek churchyard. He married (first) Jane Kinkaid, died June 5, 1793, (second) Violet Lowry, died November II, 1804, (third) ;\Iargery Cunningham, born 1770, died January 27, 1822, (fourth) Mrs. After arriving at manhood he settled in Menallen township. Immediately after the sale of the farm and the erection of the Buffington Works thereon, he moved to Uniontown, where he engaged in teaming very successfully until his death. On October 12, just twelve days after his marriage, he was drowned. In the succeeding years it was pros- ecuted as a regular business bv enternrisinf business men of the town, the Richeys, Millers and Whites building flat boats that carried the pig iron stacked along the banks of the Youghi- ogheny and floating it down to Pittsburgh and other river points.Anna, married Joseph Young, a gunsmith, and resides in West Virginia. Aaron, now residing in Fayette county ; he married a Miss Work- man. Mary, married John Allen, a far- mer of Fayette county. Martin, a miner of Fayette county, married and has issue. He was a coal miner until his enlistment in a West Virginia regi- ment, serving two years in the Union army, during the war between the states. He then en- tered the employ of the Pittsburgh 8z Lake Erie railroad as brakeman, and after four years service was promoted to the position of conductor. (i) Among those who came at an early day was Samuel Dunn, l)orn in the North of Ireland, who settled in Washington coun- tv, Pennsylvania, where he cleared a farm and lived until his death. CII) Daniel, son of Samuel Dunn, was born in Washington county. He secured a limited ed- ucation in the schools of that period, but in the greater school of actual experience 3i B PEXXSYLVAXIA gained a knowledge and acquired a phy- sique that more than compensated for the loss of advantages. he followed the example of thousands and tens of thousands of his race that ral- lied to the defense of their countr%-"s flag. Sixteenth Regi- ment Pennsylvania \'olunteer Cavaln.-. After the war closed he re- ceived an honorable discharge and returned home. 1868: educated in the public schools and Allegheny College, and now as- sociated in the dr\- goods business with his father. After the flood they moved to Mill Run where he established a store. He introduced several innovations in the county, owning the first two- story house ever built there. FAYETTE COUNTY 321 At the time of his graduation, Rev. (II) John, son of Edward or Edwin Higby, was born 1658, died in 1688. May I, 1679, Rebecca, daughter of Samuel Tread- well, of Fairfield, Connecticut. Children : John ; Ed- ward, of whom further ; Thomas. John was a common name in these Virginia Ed- wards families and there is no doubt but what John Edwards, of Preston county, Virginia, : was a descendant of one of them, but no rec- ord can be found by which he can be definitely traced. A.shbald, served as a private in the Union army during the civil war, dying short- ly after his return from the army. Thomas Jefiferson, married Susan Saylor and died with- out issue; she survives him. He was a Democrat, serving as school director, collector of taxes and poor director. He lived in county Armagh, Ireland, from whence he emigrated to America, landing at Philadel- phia, Pennsylvania, September 28, 1734, with wife and seven sons (possibly eight). He married (first), September 26, 1744, Sarah Hall, born 1728, died July 30, 1760; married (second), Ann, daughter of Matthew Clarkson, of Philadelphia ; left issue by both marriages. William, died 1800; a farmer of Chester and Adams counties, Penn- sylvania, later of Augusta county, Virginia ; married (first) ; (second) Catherine, daughter of Samuel Culbertson, of London Grove township, Chester county, Pennsylvania. He made a circuit through the county, preaching here and there, but on the lookout for a good location. He attended the Pleas- ant Valley subscription school, and spent four years in attendance at Merrittstown Academv in Luzerne township, riding three miles to school every day.After the war he came to Fayette county, Pennsyl- vania, locating at Dawson. Rebecca, married Henry Huffini, a miner, now re- siding at Vanderbilt, Pennsylvania. After five years service as conductor he was appointed yard master at Dickerson Run, which position he now holds. He cleared and tilled the soil, and from pioneer conditions gained a competence and an honored name. He married Sarah Baker, bom in Washington county 1S12, died 1897, daughter of Da\-id Baker, bom of Eng- lish parents, a farmer and cabinet maker. Edmund, son of Daniel Dunn, was bom in Washington county. He was educated in the public schools, after which he entered Waynes- burg College, completing the course but not graduating. but when he reached manhood the great civil war claimed him. Soon afterward he settled in Mis- souri, where he engaged in farming. He is a Republican, and a member of the Methodist Episcopal church ; married 1897. He was successful and was inter- ested in several mercantile enterprises. The furniture also was his own work, the house being fur- nished throughout in black walnut. Adam Terrence, pastor of the Presbyterian church at New Alexandria, Westmoreland county, Penn- sylvania, had gone to war with a regiment of that county as chaplain and Rev. The Inventory of his estate was dated December 28, 1688, as taken by John Hall, Francis Whitmore and Na- thaniel . (III) Edward, son of John Higby, was born 1684, baptized August 24, 1684. (I) John Edwards, when a man grown, set- tled in Preston county, Virginia, where he was a farmer and landowner. He belonged to the Presbyterian church, his wife also being a member. He first settled on Neshaminy creek, in Bucks county, Pennsylvania, afterwards in New Jersey, and later in Sadsbury township, Chester county, Pennsylvania, where he lived from 1737 to 1747. John, was killed by Indians in Lurgan town- ship, Cumberland county, Pennsylvania, where he settled before 1744; married Martha Berk- ley and had issue; his descendants are found South and West. He is said to have been the first minister of the Gos- pel (except army chaplains) who ever pene- trated \' estern Pennsylvania. He then became his father's ^^ o/Ar// ■ yy^^/ry FAYETTE COUNTY 327 farm assistant, continuing until the death of the latter in 1874.
He married Harriet Workman, born in Marshall county. The first of these generations emigrated from Ireland, and nothing much is known of that and the succeeding genera- tion in America. Later he returned to farm life where he spent the remainder of his days. He is a member of the Methodist Episcopal church and in poli- tics is a Republican. He served as auditor of Springfield township, Fayette county, for fifteen years, and held other township of- fices. He also operated a carding mill on his farm and did work for the neighbors from miles around. John, died aged ninety- four years ; married Anna Smiley and lived on a farm in Washington county. Samuel, married Mary Ann A'incent and lived on half of the home farm, which he had inher- ited. He became a successful sheep raiser, owning some valuable stock and taking special pride in his Spanish Merinos, whose wool brought him a fancy figure. His present church is the Laurel Hill Presby- terian in Franklin township, Fayette county, known as the first Presbyterian church built "west of the mountains," erected in 1772. Reed the church was in anything but a flourishing con- dition, but under his guidance it has prospered spiritually and financially, becoming a great power for good in the community. He is buried in the Leighty family cemetery on one of the farms now owned by the J. He married (first) Sarah Smith, who bore him eight children. She had no issue by this marriage and died in 1882, aged nearly eighty- two years. John, an undertaker and furniture dealers of Vanderbilt, Fayette county, Penn- sylvania. It is worthy of remark that from his first coming in 1765 until 1783, thirty-four families connected with his church in Cecil county, Maryland, removed to Western Penn- sylvania. 1836; married Colonel John Power, of Westmoreland county, Pennsylvania. Sam- uel Finley, who came at the same time, but not a relative, was in charge of the farm, aided by his negro slaves brought from Maryland. (IV) Robert, thirteenth child of Ebenezer Finley, and second child by his third wife, Mar- gery Cunningham, was born in Redstone town- ship, Fayette county, Pennsylvania, .\pril 4, 1809, died October 7, 1874. He has continued the cultivation and improvement of his farm all through life, and still makes it his home and chief business con- cern.
He worked in the Brown and Cochran coal mines until 1887, then moved to Putnam county. He is a Republican in politics, a member of the United Brotherhood of Trainmen and of the Knights of Malta. Ramsey, born near Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, daugh- ter of John and Mary Ramsey, both de- ceased. The above family were all reared and lived on the old home farm until after the civil war when they became much scattered, most of them going to Allegheny county, Pennsylvania. He then entered the em- ploy of the Stewart Iron Company, remain- ing sixteen years. Dunn is an expert worker in iron and steel and allows nothing but first-class work to leave their shop. He be- came a large land owner, and in his quiet, retired manner exercised a great influence in his community. Children : Edmund, of whom further : Mar- garet Minton. He did not long remain there, but returned to Pennsylvania, and in 1873 established a mercantile business in Connellsville. He again met with misfortune from the ele- ments, but this time fire instead of water, and for a second time lost his property, but undismayed he began business anew, con- tinuing with great success until 1904. He was president and a large stockholder in the Mc Farland Lumber Company : head of the mercantile business of the A. On retiring he disposed of his interests in the company which was then organized as A. He also disposed of his interest in the lum- ber company. however, retained his holdings in the Westmoreland Grocery Companv and in other less important enter- prises. The win- dows were of glass arranged on ])ulleys, very unusual at that period. "Reed was offered his pulpit, which he accepted and filled for one year. He and his wife joined the Middletown church, April 26, 1713, and were dismissed, December 19, 1773, as original members of the new church at Westfield, Connecticut, where he died Novem- ber 21, 1775, in his ninety-second year. Later he moved to Fayette county, Pennsylvania, where he con- tinued farming operations until his death. He married, in 1858, Clarissa Leighty, born in Dunbar township, Fayette county, Pennsyl- vania, Januar}' 25, 1841, who survives him, a resident of Connellsville, Pennsylvania. He tarried about a month on his first visit, then returned to his church in Maryland, but came again in 1767 and again in 1771, each time on a preaching mission. James apd Hannah (Evans) Finley, was born in Cecil county, Maryland, December 30, 1758, died January 18, 1849. He then purchased one hundred and fifty-seven acres of the old William Stone farm in Menalleti township, on which the Stone tannery was located.
Vir- ginia, on the Big Kanawha river, where he died two years later. John Ramsey was a contracting stone mason, moved to Dawson, Fayette county, where he died. Haney: Charles, born June 10, 1900; Donald, April 23, 1902; Gladys, March 7, 1904; Margaret, December 2y, 1907; Mil- dred, twin of Margaret. Jane, married and lived near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. (IV) Joseph, son of George and Mary (Kennedy) Randol, was born near Fair- mont, West Virginia, in July, 1832, died in September, 1904. Dunn and sixth child of his second wife, Sevilla (Pence) Dunn, was born in Franklin township, Fayette county, Penn- sylvania, Tune 15, 1864. He spent one year with him, then two years in the blacksmith's shop of the H. In 1905 he entered into a partnership with his brother, James H. He is a Democrat in politics, and with his wife belongs to the Presby- terian church. This he has successfully conducted until the pres- ent time, being one of the oldest established dn.- goods merchants in the cit\'. Stickel Com- panv, operating four stores, which were lo- cated at Mill Run. He was an energetic, capable man of business and was held in highest esteem FAYETTE COUNTY 319 in business and financial circles. After his arrival his house was the only one on which he worked, as he devoted most of his time to clearing and cultivating his land, but when Iiis became olfl enough to share in the responsibility of maintaining the home, he did more work at his trade. Jane, married Thomas Trussle, a carpenter, and moved to Missouri. Nancy, married Jacob Donaldson, a farmer, and lived in Hickory, Pennsylvania, later moving to Allegheny coun- ty, Pennsylvania. On December 31, 1863, he re- ceived a call to the First Presbyterian Church of Parkersburg, West \'irginia, remaining there eight years. He appears to have been one of the owners of the 322 PENNSYLVANIA "Golden Parlour ]\Iining Company," of Wal- lingford, April 2y, 1737, but the record may re- fer to a son or nephew. He is buried with his wife in Connellsville, Penn- sylvania. She is the daughter of Henry and ^largaret (Barnes) Leighty, and granddaughter of Jacob Leighty, of German descent, who came to Fayette coun- ty from near Bradford, Pennsylvania. His first favorable opinion of the country was confirmed by each succeeding visit, and in 1 771 he made a large purchase of land on Dunlap's creek, within the present limits of the townships of German, Redstone and Alenallen. Hannah, born June 20, 1764, died- before 1820; married John Robinson. Joseph, born December 13, 1766, died June 3, i860; married (first), a Miss Veech, (second) Frances Moore. James, born January 14, 1769, died November 17, 1772. William, June 10, 1772, died August 20, 1857; married (first) Sarah Patterson, (second) Margaret Wilson. Michael, born March 24, 1774, died July 29, 1850; married (first) Eleanor Elliot, (second) Mrs. He came to Fayette county with his father in 1772 and set- tled on lands in Redstone township, purchased by his father in 1771. The farm was un- derlaid with the Pittsburgh nine-foot coal vein, and Mr.
He is a communicant of the IMfetho- dist Episcopal church, and a member of the Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks. The present representative Mc SHANE of this family in South Union township, Fayette county, Pennsylvania, although born in the state of Iowa, descends from an early Fay- ette county settler, Daniel Mc Shane, born in Ireland, who accompanied by his wife, Jane (Mc Donald) Mc Shane, came from the north of Ireland to America in 1780, settling in New Jersey, later coming to Fayette coun- ty, Pennsylvania. (II) Barney, son of Daniel and Jane (Mc- Donald) Mc Shane, was born in Fayette county, Pennsylvania, in 1799, died in Linn county, Iowa, in 1879. He was a farmer in early life, but for many years connected with the Rainey Company as su- perintendent at the Fort Hill works. The earliest Chalfants in CHALFANT Fayette county, Penn.syl- vania, were Chads and Nathan Chalfant, who settled at Browns- ville, Pennsylvania. His children : Robert, James, Thomas W., of whom further, Mary Ann, married Robert Layton ; Eliza, married Thomas Cooke, of Tippecanoe, Pennsylvania ; all are deceased. Dunn, son of the emi- grant, was born in Jefferson township, Fay- ette county, Pennsylvania, in 1810, died March, 1896. In politics he is a Democrat and active in township af- fairs, having served as road supervisor for seven years and as school director. David, a farmer of Fayette coun- ty, married Catherine Cable. Joseph, a pipe fitter of Pittsburgh, married Carrie Dethorn. Annie, married Robert Harbuck and lives in Pittsburgh. Lindley, married Iva Sanders and lives in Fayette county. Sophia Alice, married Guy Bogardus, a Baltimore and Ohio engineer, resides in Pittsburgh. (II) William, son of James Cunningham, was born in Ireland, where he was educated and grew to manhood. He became a skilled work- er in iron and steel, following his trade until 1850, when he purchased a good farm in the township, spending his after years engaged in its culture.
He married, June 10, 1892, at New Brighton, Beaver county, Pennsylvania, Or- lena Sherwood, born there, December 21, 1874, daughter of William Sherwood, a pot- tery manufacturer, and his wife, Esther E. She has a brother, John Snellingburg Sherwood, and a sister, Mae Olive, married George Cable. Accompanied by his family, he removed to Iowa in 1852. He was an active Democrat, and once the can- didate of his party for the state legislature. The Chalfants of this sketch descend from George, who was prob- ably a son of Nathan Chalfant. (I) George Chalfant was a farmer of Red- stone township, Fayette county, Pennsyl- vania. He passed his life in Fayette ■ county engaged as a laboring man in vari- I ous occupations. He enlist- ed, in 1862, in Company F, i68th Regiment, Pennsylvania Infantry, for nine months, at the expiration of which time he was honorably dis- charged. When a young man he came to the United States, finally settling in Luzerne township, where he operated a dis- tillery and a general store with profit. While his early school advantages were limited, he so improved himself by later study and reading that he became an unusually well informed man.